The Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Hyderabad is responsible for providing scientific Examination of evidentiary value materials upon the request of its customers, the criminal justice agencies in India. The laboratory is dedicated to providing a defect free service in a professional manner to those agencies. To this end, the laboratory is committed to good professional practice and to the quality of its testing in the servicing of its customers via:
- The performance of forensic analyses and examinations that are accurate, relevant reliable through, timely and meets the need of the customer.
- Interpretation of analytical results objectively and free of internal and external influence.
- The presentation of the results of analyses and examination in reports and testimonies that are clear, objective, balanced and easily understood by its customers.
- The upgrading of the skills and expertise of its personnel
- The advancement of the state of Forensic Science.
- The conformance of laboratory polices and practices to ISO/IEC 17025:2005, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratory and NABL 113: 2008, Specific Guidelines for Accreditation of Forensic Science Laboratory.
- Adherence to the Laboratory’s code of professional ethics
- Continual improvement of the effectiveness of its management system through the use of this quality policy, quality objectives, audit results analysis of data, corrective and preventive actions and management review.
Laboratory management has developed and implemented an extensive quality system, as set forth in the Quality Manual, which incorporates the policies and procedures necessary to meet these commitments. It is the policy of Laboratory management that Laboratory operations performed in the Laboratory’s permanent facilities and at sites away from its permanent facilities will conform to the practices described herein. Deviations from these practices require the express written permission of Laboratory Director
VISION FOR THE DECADE
CFSL, Hyderabad maintains contemporariness and continuously evolves itself to keep abreast of the latest techniques. In line with this dictum the laboratory has taken up ambitious plans of setting up of: Audio Video authentication, Establishment of Narcotic Division.
Promoting good practices and standards.
STATEMENT OF CFSL“To provide assured quality service of international standards as per NABL ISO/IEC 17025 to the customers with good professional practices in order to deduce effective remedial solution of intricacies related to Forensic Investigation of crime of any type and assist in proper dispensation of justice”